Microsoft are aggressively trying to take a bigger market share of the cloud services market because they are trying to turn the company round from being a software vendor to a software as a service vendor. It is because of this they are making it easier for customers adopt their Office 365 service, with the introduction three new Office 365 subscriptions.
I have previously written a post about how to set up Thunderbird with Microsoft Office 365 and also how to set up Pidgin messenger to work with Lync Office 365. Today post will now complete set up and provide instructions on how to set up Thunderbird to gain access to your Office 365 Calendar.
It doesn’t take a university degree or a deep understanding of socio-economics to work out, that by combining two words together like home automation , that home automation must have something to with automating a residential dwelling. Continue reading
Office 365 is proving to be a popular cloud collaboration service offered by Microsoft. Lync 365 is a great communication tool which enables you to make voice calls, send chats , conference calls and even enable share screening with colleagues. Continue reading
You may not have heard of led energy saving light bulbs but you well in no doubt aware that over the past few years the Department of Energy & Climate change and the energy savings trust have been urging households to start making use of energy saving light bulbs due to the fact they are good for the environment, cheaper to run and last longer too. LED energy saving light bulbs are a relatively new comer on the energy saving light bulb market and as of yet have generally been overlooked by the government. In this post we’ll provide you with the vital facts as to why LED bulbs are an optimal solution to improving your home and office lighting energy efficiency
Over the past decade or so portable data storage technology has dramatically improved. The are a myriad options available, many suited to specific needs or niche requirements. Making a purchasing decision on for your data storage needs, may at first hand seem a complicated, especially if you are in the market for memory cards.
Using an SD card (Secure Digital) is a great way to store data and move data between a myriad of different devices. For Instance, taken photographs on your digital camera, and then inserting the disc into your laptop to edit the files, then taken the disc directly to your specialised printer to be printed. SD cards are also a great way to increase the amount of storage on your mobile phone.
Light Emitting Diode (LED) is the latest technology in energy efficient lighting. A “Light Emitting Diode” are diodes (electronic components that let electricity pass in only one direction) that emit visible light when electricity is applied. A simpler way of looking at it is LED’s are essentially semiconductors that convert electricity into light.
There are a wide range of actions a household can take to reduce energy consumption and help save money on fuel bills at little or no cost. Following these top 3 low cost energy saving tips for the home to reduce your energy consumption and the cost of your bills.
Follow these Top 10 energy saving tips for the home to help save on spiralling energy costs in your home.
- Instead of making use of the standby function most devices are shipped with these days, switch off all your appliances at the plug. This can account for 6% of all energy usage in the home, nearly all electrical and electronic appliances can safely be turned off at the plug without upsetting their systems.
- Switch your microwave off. The clock may be using more energy over time than is used for cooking. It will cost far less buying a cheap battery powered wall clock, if you really need to know the time.
- If you prefer to leave your desktop or laptop computers on ready for use, ensure that you make use of the Hibernate or standby feature. Ensuring that you also switch off your peripherals i.e. Printers, Scanners & monitors at the mains.
- Make use of your Sleep Timer or Count down timer on your TV sets, to ensure that they switch off when not in use.
- Switch off your Electirc blankets at the mains before falling asleep, not only is this for your own personal safety but it ensures
- Replace your existing appliances for more energy efficient ones. Most new appliances will have a sticker indicating how they are rated.
- Try and ensure that you make use of your Dishwasher and washing machines during low tarrif times, say after midnight.
- Always use your washing machine with a full load or follow the manufacturer’s instructions for most economical usage such as the economy program. Modern washing machines and washing powders and liquids are designed to work at lower temperatures.
- Only boil half a kettle of water and use an energy saving kettle
- Timed heating – don’t leave the heating on unnecessarily at night or when you are out of the house. Set the timing for the heating and water to turn on an hour before you wake or return home and to switch off an hour before you leave the house.